21 September 2011

Page 1


21 September
Well, here we are. I embark on my extravagant adventure to Italy tomorrow. I can’t say I’m not excited, but I can say that I’m terribly anxious. My two concerns are luggage and language. I’m worried I may not have packed light enough, despite packing as little as possible. I’m also apprehensive about going to a country that speaks a language in which I only know how to say “I have a cat. The cat drinks milk.”* That being said, I’d like to say my worries are outshone by my excitement and eagerness to start this new chapter in my life. Goodbye old chapter! You were fun, but I may have left my bookmark there too long. Oh! My grandfather is at the door! This is the last time I’ll see him for some time, so perhaps I will invite him to join me in my last dinner in this country. Arrivederche for now (oooh, see I know that one too)!
*Io ha un gatto. Il gatto beve latte.

Postscript. Remember, you can click images on the blog to make them larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment